Wednesday 18 May 2011

In the beginning.....

First I was a Canadian, born and raised.  Later I went to school, started a career, got married, and bought a house all within 50km of my home town. Then I became a mom. I dreamed at an early age of travelling, especially to Africa and Australia, but somehow life got in the way. Then 5 months ago, wow has it really been that long, dh was offered an expat position on the Eastern Cape of South Africa. At 39 it was a dream come true.  Though I agonized over leaving my family (especially my mom and dad) the opportunity was one that just couldn't be passed up.  The encouragement and support that I got from all my family and friends was much appreciated and made the decision marginally easier.  This blog is my way of sharing our adventures with friends and family.  It is my way of staying connected until we come home. 

I will apologize up front that this blog may not follow a particularly linear time line in the beginning.  I should have started it when the decision to move was first made, but alas, my friends did not suggest it until the sea container had sailed, the sale of the house was completed and I was half way out of the country.  Settling in South Africa has taken up more time than I would have liked.  So, please be patient with me and I promise at some point in time my posts will catch up with real time.  In the meantime I will post my thoughts about the process of moving my family half way across the world as they occur to me.

Until we come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment